The importance and necessity of protecting data on the way of their transportation through data room providers have been noted many times. This is important for e-commerce and especially important for ISO audits.
The Basic Principles for Running an Audit with the Data Room
The virtual data room to run your ISO audit is a kind of connection between the company’s existing document management systems and web content management systems. The essence of this development lies in the fact that the company’s confidential data is stored clearly, and structured in electronic form. Moreover, they are stored in the form of a special Internet site, protected by the principle of a fireproof cabinet.
Basic principles of audit running using the virtual data room are:
- Uniformity – all inspections are carried out according to uniform standards.
- Independence – the employees who conduct the audit should not be subordinate to the management of the audited company. Third-party auditors should not be responsible for the activities they review.
- Confidentiality – information obtained during the audit should be used only in the audit.
- Impartiality – all data received by the auditors must be correct, up-to-date, and recorded in detail in the reports.
- Openness – access to the audit results should be open to all production workers.
- Consistency – inspections should be carried out regularly and have a fixed frequency structure.
- Professional prudence – Audit professionals should rely on their competence in making decisions.
When preparing an ISO audit with the data room provider of the certified information system, it is important to link data on the neutralization of actual security threats into an unbreakable chain. In our experience, it is necessary to explicitly state in the documents what technical and/or organizational measures are used to close each threat.
What Are Two of the Main Formats of the Virtual Data Room?
Virtual data room for ISO audit is based on a patented ILD (information leaks detection) algorithm that automatically converts each document into a new personalized copy each time the document is opened. Thus, all users work with their own unique copy, which does not contain special characters, any marks, or other artifacts that would be noticeable and eliminated by an attacker, but each line, each element of the document contains information about who and when it was received, specifically this copy of the document.
An ISO audit is a formal review of an organization’s performance. It takes place in two formats:
- External – a special audit company or a certified body is involved.
- Internal – carried out by employees of the company independently.
ISO audit with a virtual data room gives network administrators the ability to control all managed file transfer activity in their organization through a single console. Users have the ability to send files to each other when needed, and you can always track the location of the files. In fact, a data room provider who understands your needs and provides helpful information and guidance will be a much better choice.
Last but not least, choose a service provider that values innovation and continually adapts to meet industry standards. The VDR is responsible for implementing the security policy determined by senior management and for identifying changes necessary in connection with the improvements to the organization’s information systems or in connection with the threats that are directed at them.